30 Days of Worldbuilding: When to Use
Not all methods are for everyone, and I forgot to give a moment to that when I was spouting off love and cuddles for 30 Days of Worldbuilding before. So here’s a little aside about who exactly 30 Days is for….
30 Days of Worldbuilding will help if you…
- …only have a vague idea of what kind of world you want to build.
- …don’t have a solid story idea yet.
- …don’t have any idea what direction to go in.
30 Days of Worldbuilding probably won’t help you much if you…
- …already have a pretty good idea what you want to write.
- …have some worldbuilding done and are looking to refine what you have.
- …are looking for a comprehensive resource to answer all of your worldbuilding questions.
To clarify, 30 Days of Worldbuilding is a tool to help get you started; a beginner resource, if you will. That said, I’d still recommend it to any worldbuilder who’s stuck and looking for new things to think about.
As with all creative ventures, remember — if you’re not having fun, you’re doing it wrong.